- Do you have a baby ready or soon to be ready to start solids?
- Would you like to know more about signs of readiness & types of food to feed them?
- Would you like to build some confidence in feeding your baby?
If so, then this new and completely free online course is for you! Over the course of 5 sessions with a qualified dietician, we will explore signs of readiness, what to feed your baby, allergens, busting myths, compare shop versus homemade versions and much more.
Parents learn about:
- When to introduce solid foods, signs of readiness, what foods and texture in a practical way, whilst continuing to breast-feed and/or infant formula feed.
- Different food groups and the key nutrients for infants from 6 months are covered: the importance of high fat and low fibre foods, of calcium and iron-rich foods and which foods too, avoid
- Explore the benefits of home-prepared food versus convenience ‘jar’ food and what’s on a label
- Difference between choking and gagging
- Introduction of allergenic foods one at a time
- Healthy snacks and lots of recipe ideas
- Baby–led weaning
- Food safety from 6 months
- Different cooking methods
- Responsive feeding
- Signposting to other services where appropriate
Course dates and times:
COURSE 1: Thursday 6th, Tuesday 11th, Thursday 13th, Tuesday 18th and Thursday 20th May
COURSE 2: Tuesday 25th, Thursday 27th May, Tuesday 1st, Thursday 3rd, Tuesday 8th June
COURSE 3: Thursday 10th, Tuesday 15th, Thursday 17th, Tuesday 22nd, Thursday 24th June
All times are 1 pm – 2.30 pm.
To book your place, please contact Andrea on 020 8269 4885/07708 476727 or email email@example.com
This course is now being taught online via Zoom and will include sessions with experts in their fields and a question and answer session each week. Zoom is free to download on a computer, phone or tablet. Either visit your app store or go to www.zoom.us/download