DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
- Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
- Who are we?
GCDA is the data controller (contact details below). We are a charitable cooperative whose mission is to build thriving communities. Any personal data that we collect will only be in relation to the work we do with our users and through our relationship with supporters, donors and funders.
- How do we process your personal data?
GCDA complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- To administer membership records;
- To administer training records;
- To fundraise and promote the interests of the charitable cooperative;
- To manage our employees and volunteers;
- To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications);
- To inform you of news, events, activities and services running by GCDA;
- What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services and process your gift aid donations and keep you informed about events.
- Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement;
- Processing is necessary to fulfil contractual obligations;
There is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
- Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential. We will only share your data with third parties outside of the organisation where there is a legitimate reason to do so, for example providing monitoring data to our funders. We will take steps to anonymise the data we provide (ie collective reporting on gender, ethnicity, age, etc). If identifiable data is to be shared we will seek your consent.
- How do we protect personal data
We take appropriate measures to ensure that the information discussed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for as long as necessary for the purpose for which it is used.
- How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data in accordance with the guidance set out in the GCDA Data Protection Policy. Specifically, we retain our user database while it is still current; gift aid declarations and events’ associated paperwork for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate.
- Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which GCDA, holds about you;
- The right to request that GCDA, corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for GCDA to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability)
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data,
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
- Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
- Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact the Data Protection Officer at GCDA Greenwich Centre Business Park 53 Norman Road Unit 6 SE10 9QF or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.