GCDA Membership launch January 2016
In October 2014 GCDA changed its’ legal structure from a non-profit company limited by guarantee to a co-operative legal structure which is a charitable society for the benefit of the community (please see more detail below). The primary reason for this change was to create a membership that can be more involved in the work of GCDA.
Membership Role in our legal structure
As a member of GCDA your primary role will be in the governance of GCDA which means participating in our AGM’s and EGM’s and voting on any changes to the rule of the organisation which also includes any changes to its’ ‘key objects’ which are;
- Capacity building in the community
- Providing support to the community through physical benefit or through training and education
- The advancement of citizenship and community development promoting volunteering co-operation and self-help,
- Activities to preserve and promote health leading to healthy lifestyles and to improve the quality of life,
- Business advice support and assistance to unemployed people and employed people on financial or other charitable need.
And the opportunity to join GCDA’s management committee.
We want to use this launch to offer a wider membership role and offer other benefits so that members can contribute to the organisation through consultation, volunteering and participation in the decision making process and governance.
- A members only area on the GCDA website – this provides access to materials and tools. For example sample business plans, project templates, project tools, funding applications
- Initial membership pack – Business plan, company structure, company rules
- Discounted or free training with priority booking
- Volunteering and placements opportunities
- Priority access to other programmes; e.g. GCDA co-operative business support
- Participation in events; seminars, AGM, conferences or celebratory events
Costs of annual membership are:
- Any person unwaged or low income Free
- Individual £20
- Small Organisation (less than 10 employees) £75
- Large Statutory or Private Sector (up to 30 employees) £150
- Organisations over 30 employees Please enquire for membership price
To apply for annual membership please complete the membership application form and appropriate payment.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further queries or want any clarification.
For further information about GCDA please visit www.gcda.coop