7-week Business Start-up course with the GCDA
An excellent opportunity to pursue your business idea, covering a variety of topics to develop skills and confidence and get you started.
You will learn about and complete feasibility studies and test the market and your business idea.
- How to test yourself and undertake a personal assessment.
- Understand which legal structure suits you and how it access different types of funding.
- How to create a budget and manage your businesses finance.
- How to promote yourself including social media.
DATES – One day a week for seven weeks.
- Thursday 1st November until 13h December 10 am till 1 pm
- Thursday 17th January until 7th March 10 am till 1 pm (No training on the 21st February)
- Thursday 21st March until 18th May 10 am till 1 pm (no training on 11th or 18th of April)
- Thursday 6th June until 18th July 10 am till 1 pm
Food business startup
Running your own food business is an incredibly challenging role. You’re expected to be a chef, business person, promotions specialist and accountant all at the same time with never enough time to do it all! This free food business training course will show you easy and clear ways to make changes that can have a real impact on the health and sustainability of not only your business and profits but also of the food you sell.
You will learn:
- Key principles of menu planning which maximise the financial opportunity of sustainable and healthy food
- Menu planning and production systems which reduce chef time and save money
- How to source and manage relevant suppliers that save time and money
- The principles of financial management
- How to promote your business effectively
- Practical tools to implement the above
DATES – one a week for ten weeks
- Wednesday 17h September until the 21st October 1o am to 1 pm (no training on the 24th October)
- Wednesday 1st May until the 10th of July 10 am to 1 pm (no training on the 29th May)
LOCATION – To be confirmed
IT skills for business
Starting your own business is an exciting, but daunting time. There is so much to think about, and having sufficient IT skills is absolutely crucial to be able to run a successful business. This 6-week course will give you an excellent grounding in these essential skills. We will cover:
- Excel and how to use it to manage your finances,
- Social media and how to use it to maximise your business potential,
- Online tools and apps that will help you run a more successful business,
- Data protection and privacy rules.
DATES – once a week for six weeks
- Friday 9th November until the 14th December 10 am to 2 pm
- Wednesday 27th February until the 3rd April 10 am to 2 pm
- Wednesday 24th April until 5th June 10 am to 2 pm (no training on the 29th May)
For more information you can:
Call: 020 8269 4885
Website: find the course you want and click the link
Each course is booked through Eventbrite, please follow the links above or call Edina to find out more.