Volunteer Role Description
Manual Handling Volunteer
Location: Unit 1 Thistlebrook Trading Estate, Eynsham Drive, Abbey Wood SE2 9QX
Working with: Household support grant project team (Livia, Sophie, Sue)
Purpose: To support the breakdown of large pallets of food into deliverable orders for local food banks and family action clubs.
|General Duties||· To volunteer 2 hours per ever other week on a pre-arranged basis.
· To safely unpack pallets and organise them into four deliverable orders
· To carry out tasks in line with the GCDA policies including:
o Health and Safety Policy
o Volunteer Policy
· To undertake induction, training, and development consistent with your role.
· To comply with volunteer terms and conditions regulations and agreement
|Personal attributes||· Ability to communicate in a clear and respectful manner is essential
· Behave in a friendly and hospitable manner to all external partners, stakeholders and all GCDA staff
· Physically able to complete light physical work with light lifting
|It’s an Opportunity to…||· Support essential work for local communities.
· Contribute to a growing network.
· Meet new people and have fun.
· Complete manual handling training.
|Support||· You will be able to claim reasonable travel expenses (conditions and caps apply)
· Catch-ups as required
For more information on volunteering with GCDA please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org