We have an exciting sessional Food Coordinator role to work in a project run by volunteer cooks and kitchen staff.
In 2018 a group of residents interested in using food to bring communities together came up with the idea of the Good Food in Greenwich Pop-up Kitchen. Using mainly surplus food, these volunteer Community Food Champions ran monthly pop-up meals with support from GCDA and the Royal Borough of Greenwich. During the Covid-19 pandemic, volunteers have run weekly Cook & Freeze sessions, preparing frozen meals for distribution to community food projects supporting food insecure families and individuals.
A recent grant will enable us to look at development of a discrete number of food products for sale with a view to generating income.
The Food Coordinator will oversee the production of frozen meals from surplus food, which includes the following weekly roles:
- Liaise with GCDA staff /volunteer cooks to ensure correct amounts and types of meals are prepared
- Oversee health and safety, including Covid safety regulations and food safety regulations, completing relevant paperwork
- Oversee setting up and packing away of work areas, including setting out of ingredients and thorough cleaning of workstations and equipment
- Support volunteers e.g. assigning tasks as required by cooks
- Liaise with GCDA staff to ensure safe and sufficient food storage arrangements
- Collect ingredients lists for weekly recipes from cooks to create food labels, ensuring meals are labelled correctly and maintaining a tally of meals
- Liaise with GCDA staff/cooks regarding stock and equipment requirements
20 sessions between May to October 2021 as follows:
- Wednesday 26 May, 10am-3pm
- Wednesday 9/16/23 June, 2.30-6.30pm
- Wednesday 30 June & 7/14/21 July, 10am-3pm
- Thereafter Fridays 10am to 3pm until end October with a 2-week break in August
Salary – £10.85 / hour
Experience required – Applicant to hold current Food Hygiene certificate, have completed FSA Food Allergens training and have worked in a kitchen professional or community but not essential
Please email email@example.com you application by Wed 12 May by sending 2-3 paragraphs on why you are interested and any experience related to this role. Interviews on Monday 17 May. Thank you