Responsible to: tbc
This role will co-ordinate and promote the Good Food Lewisham (GFL) partnership and building on the work so far achieved by GCDA. And will maximise the awareness of GCDA’s programmes e.g. Be Inspired in Lewisham through engaging the population, partnerships, third sector, businesses and the local authority. The role includes delivering aspects of a key programme to support improving the local food environment
- Providing consistent communication for partnership members, potential partners and the wider community to enable wider engagement and breadth of GFL /GCDA work.
- Providing administrative support to GFL; maintain minutes, plan meetings, book rooms and co-ordinate speakers and follow up on actions and opportunities.
- Co-ordinating the meetings of the GFL core & sub-group, support agenda development for all meetings
- Research areas required by the GFL core to ensure the partnership is well informed and equipped for development of action plans and delivery
- Lead on development of new relationships e.g. set up individual meetings with new prospective partners to promote the network, initiatives and work of both GFL and GCDA.
Increase presence within community
- Organise events, a minimum of 6 per year, to promote and support the work of the partnership, and increase interest and membership from the wider community e.g. residents, food businesses, organisations (private, public and voluntary sector)
- Enhance links with other local campaigns e.g. Sugar Smart, Veg Cities
- Run twice a month (every other week) the Plenty stall at Brockley market on Saturdays to sell Plenty healthy ready meals and to promote GFL network and initiatives & GCDA wider work across Lewisham
- Update and maintain the Good Food Lewisham website and social media.
- Strengthen GFL’s & GCDA’s presence across social media and the website to promote the partnerships work, disseminate news, and broaden engagement
- Develop a quarterly newsletter
- Complete quarterly reports on GFL coordinator role for submission to funder
Sign up with charter
- GFL has developed a Lewisham specific charter and business charger. This role will be responsible for promoting this to food businesses and relevant organisations who will be encouraged to sign up and display charter.
Lead on the development of new, and existing, projects and programmes
- Information collection, evaluation to support next level SFC award application
- Sourcing additional resources to support action plan areas.
- Support stakeholders to run fruit and vegetable stalls in identified areas of deprivation with poor access to affordable fresh produce.
- Support delivery of Healthier catering commitment scheme
|Desirable (D) or Essential (E)||Application Form or (AF)/Interview (I)|
|A degree or equivalent qualification||D||AF|
|A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a sustainable food role||D||AF/I|
|Understanding of the local food picture in London||E||AF/I|
|Experience of community engagement & working with volunteers||D||AF/I|
|Understanding of social enterprise||D||AF/I|
|Knowledge of public health initiatives||D||AF/I|
|A working knowledge of Lewisham including community, public and private||E||AF/I|
|Demonstrate a creative and entrepreneurial approach||D||AF/I|
|Excellent communication including digital skills||E||AF/I|
|Excellent organisation and time management skills||E||AF/I|
|An understanding of and a commitment to Equal Opportunities||E||AF/I|
|Enthusiasm for working in an organisation that serves diverse communities||E||AF/I|
|Valid UK driving license||D||AF/I|