GCDA is proud to be taking part in an exciting national campaign to encourage everyone to eat more veg.
Each week for the next 10 weeks we’ll be featuring a different tasty vegetable for you to try. Check out our videos click here, have a go at our recipes and read our top tips for new ways with veg.
Share your stories in the comments section at the bottom of the page and spread the word via social media.
CUCUMBER AND POPPY SEED SALAD – serves 4 as a side dish
- 250g cucumber
- 1/2 mild red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- salt and pepper
- Slice the cucumber in 1cm slices
- Mix the vinegar, oil, sugar and poppy seeds together and mix well with the cucumber
- Season and scatter over the chilli and coriander
Our Top Cucumber Tips
- Use a potato peeler to slice strips of cucumber and add to a jug of tap water for a refreshing alternative to lemon water
- Grate a cucumber and add to Greek yoghurt with a crushed garlic clove to make your own tzatziki