GCDA is proud to be taking part in an exciting national campaign to encourage everyone to eat more veg.
Each week for the next 10 weeks we’ll be featuring a different tasty vegetable for you to try. Check out our videos click here, have a go at our recipes and read our top tips for new ways with veg.
Share your stories in the comments section at the bottom of the page and spread the word via social media.
Join the campaign – www.vegpower.org.uk/
VEGAN BURGERS – makes 10
- 6 large sweet potatoes, approx. 1.5kg
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 340g tin of sweetcorn
- Small bunch of coriander
- 200g polenta (or flour)
- Wholemeal buns, salad and salsa to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 200C / 180C fan / gas mark 6
- Place sweet potatoes on a baking tray and bake for 45 minutes or until very soft
- Heat the oil in a small pan and gently fry the onions and chilli until soft
- Peel the potatoes, use a fork to mash them in a bowl with the spices. Add the onions and chilli
- Using your hands, mix in the sweetcorn, coriander and half the polenta
- Shape into 10 burgers and dip into the remaining polenta. Place the burgers on lined baking trays and chill for at least half an hour
- Once firm, bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until piping hot in the middle and crispy on the outside.
Our Top Corn Tips
- Drain and pat dry your sweetcorn then roast in the oven and toss in your favourite spices for a delicious snack
- Did you know if you have a half-used tin of sweetcorn, you can freeze the leftovers to use later?