GCDA is proud to be taking part in an exciting national campaign to encourage everyone to eat more veg.
Each week for the next 10 weeks we’ll be featuring a different tasty vegetable for you to try. Check out our videos click here, have a go at our recipes and read our top tips for new ways with veg.
Share your stories in the comments section at the bottom of the page and spread the word via social media.
SAVOURY CARROT AND COURGETTE MUFFINS – makes 8
- 125g low fat spread, melted and cooled
- 2 tbsp skimmed milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 100g carrot, grated
- 100g courgette, grated
- 100g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 75g porridge oats (not instant)
- Pre-heat oven to 180C / 160C fan / gas mark 4. Line a muffin tin with eight muffin cases
- Mix together the melted spread, milk and eggs. Stir in the grated courgette
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, dried herbs and oats
- Gently stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, taking care not to over-mix
- Spoon into the muffin cases and bake for 25-30 minutes until firm and golden
- Cool on a wire rack
Our top carrot tips:
- Get your carrots planted now but remember to cover them to protect from the frost
- Try using a potato peeler to make carrot ribbons and add extra texture to your winter salad