South East London Community Energy (SELCE) is a not-for-profit co-operative that is aiming to raise £250,000 to install solar panels on four primary schools in SE London. But they can’t achieve this goal without your help. They have just launched a ‘community share offer’ that enables SE Londoners to become investors in the project and help to make it become a reality. The best part is that everyone who becomes involved with SELCE benefits.
So what’s in it for you?
- SELCE intend to pay you 4% interest per year.
- You may be eligible for 30% tax relief on your investment under the Enterprise Investment Scheme.
- Shares may be exempt from inheritance tax if hold for more than 2 years.
Who else benefits?
- SELCE’s solar arrays will collectively help to combat climate change by saving around 94 tonnes of CO2 emissions each year.
- In total, Ashmead and Horniman Schools in Lewisham and Mulgrave and Charlton Park Academy schools in Greenwich will reduce their electricity bills by £358,000 over the 20-year project: enabling them to spend more money on the things they really need.
- As well as paying interest to investors, SELCE aim to produce £90,000 of surplus over the life of the project. This will be used to expand the work we are already doing to reduce fuel poverty in South East London.
If you’d like to learn more about investing in SELCE – including the risks as well as benefits – you can:
- Download a brochure click here and application form click here
- Invest online now using microgenius click here
Please note that the share offer closes at midnight on Wednesday 11th November.
Investments can be made from £250 to £20,000.
You can also download their leaflet, share offer brochure and application form. Call them direct on 020 8269 4882 to request a hard copy of their brochure or to have any questions answered.
Leave a Reply