Community Greenspace Grants to Launch Shortly Across Great Britain
Communities will soon be able to apply for grants of up to £12,000 for capital improvements to local community greenspaces.
Projects that would typically receive funding include:
- Parks, pocket parks and urban greenspaces.
- Green corridors – river and canals, cycle ways.
- Formal and informal play areas.
- Open access sports facilities within public parks and recreation grounds, such as football pitches, tennis courts and cricket pitches.
- Informal outdoor recreation facilities, such as gym equipment, trim trails and woodland walks.
- Nature reserves, community woodlands and ponds.
- Community allotments, community garden.
The grants programme will be open to voluntary and community organisations, registered charities, health bodies, community councils, development trusts, local authorities and housing organisations in England, Scotland and Wales.
It is anticipated that there will be two funding rounds per year over the next three years.
The first funding round is expected to open to applications on 19 October 2015 with a deadline of 30 November 2015.
Leave a Reply